Dental care, while not covered by most health insurance policies, is an important part of your overall health. The good news is that dental coverage may be less expensive than you think. You may either find a plan on your own or have your company cover all or part of your dental costs as part of your benefits package. Routine cleanings, as well as more serious operations such as fillings and crowns, are usually covered by dental insurance.
Low monthly prices, broad coverage, and a high degree of customer satisfaction are all characteristics of the top dental insurance policies. While some dental insurance plans require you to wait a certain amount of time before receiving full coverage, others enable you to start using your benefits right immediately. Here are some of the top dental insurance alternatives available.
1. Best Dental Insurance for Family Plans: UnitedHealthOne
- Individual and group plans are both available via UnitedHealthOne for dental care. AM Best has assigned the grade of “An (Excellent)” to Golden Rule Insurance Company, which underwrites several of UnitedHealthOne’s individual insurance products. This rating demonstrates the financial soundness and stability of UnitedHealthOne’s products.
Five of United’s most popular dental plans include the following:
- Primary Dental Care: When utilizing a network provider, there is a $50 per person deductible for basic treatments and no payment for preventive care. After the deductible, 50% of essential services are covered in the first year, then 65 percent in the second year, and finally 80 percent in the third year and beyond.
- Basic treatments are subject to a $50 per person deductible under Dental Primary Plus. Preventive care is covered to the full extent of the law. After the first year’s deductible, essential treatments are covered at 50%, then 65 percent, and eventually 80 percent. There are a few major services that are not provided. There is a $1,000 yearly limit.
- Dental Essentials: When utilizing a network provider, this coverage includes a $50 per person deductible for basic procedures. Preventive care is initially covered at 80 percent, then 90 percent, and finally 100 percent. Following the deductible, basic services are covered at 50%. Later, this rises to 65 percent, then 80 percent.
- Dental Essential Preferred: When utilizing a network provider, there is a $50 per person deductible for basic procedures and a $50 per person deductible for significant services. Preventive care coverage begins at 80% and gradually increases to 90% and then 100%. After the deductible, essential treatments are covered at 50% for the first year, then increasing to 65 percent and then 80 percent the following year.
2. Best Dental Insurance Families: Delta Dental Insurance
Delta Dental is the biggest dental benefits provider in the United States, with a network of more than 155,000 dentists across the country. AM Best has given Delta Dental an “An (Excellent)” grade, confirming the company’s financial soundness and issuer credit ratings. Individual and corporate policies, as well as plans under the Affordable Care Act’s health insurance marketplace, are available from Delta Dental. Delta Dental has programs that are meant to aid families that are on a tight budget.
There are two Delta Dental insurance policies to choose from:
- DeltaCare USA: This annual prepaid plan includes no deductibles or annual dollar maximums, no copayments or low copayments for most diagnostic and preventive services, coverage for over 300 procedures, including Other benefits include extra cleanings, bleaching, and tooth whitening, as well as no restrictions for pre-existing diseases or missing teeth. You must select a primary care dentist from the preferred provider network as an enrollee.
- Delta Dental PPO: This is the preferred-provider option program for the firm. Enrollees have access to a dental network that accepts reduced payments for covered procedures. A percentage of the dentist’s charge is paid for covered services. You’ll pay a proportion and the insurance company will cover the rest. The amount paid by your insurance depends on the plan you choose. A deductible, as well as costs for non-covered procedures and sums exceeding the yearly maximum, may be charged to enrollees.
3. Best Dental Insurance for Discounts: Humana Dental Insurance
Humana, one of the leading dental insurers in the United States, offers individual and group dental insurance coverage. Enrollees can save 10% to 60% depending on their plan when they seek dental care from a dentist in a dental network, according to the company’s website.
The following are the dental plans:
- Dental Loyalty Plus is a program that rewards you for being loyal to your dentist. You have the option of seeing any network or non-network dentist. Preventive treatments are fully covered. There is a one-time deductible. There is no waiting period. In the first year, the maximum yearly benefit is $1,000, then $1,250 in the second year, and $1,500 in the third year and beyond. The coinsurance amounts vary each procedure, and during the first and second years with the plan, your part lowers.
- Dental Preventative Value: After the deductible, full coverage of preventive treatments is provided. Major services are not included. After the deductible, certain basic services are reimbursed at 50%. Individual deductibles are $50, with a lifetime deductible of $150. There are no benefit limitations or waiting periods.
- Individuals have a $50 deductible and families have a $150 deductible with Bright Plus PPO. The maximum yearly amount is $1,250. Preventive care is completely covered. Except for fillings and minor extractions, which are reimbursed at 60% after the deductible, most additional procedures are not covered.
- Dental Savings Plus is not insurance, but rather a savings program. Preventive procedures can save you anywhere from 20% to 40%. Discounted costs for basic and significant services with in-network suppliers. There are no copays. There are no deductibles. There is no waiting period. There is no restriction to how many services can be used each year. Orthodontic discounts of up to 20% are available. Prescriptions are discounted by an average of 37%.
4. Best Dental Insurance for Nationwide Coverage: Cigna Dental Insurance
Through its network of more than 93,000 dentists, Cigna provides three distinct dental plans. If you travel frequently, Cigna’s dental network covers the whole country, allowing you to get dental treatment even while you’re not at home.
AM Best has given Cigna an “A (Excellent)” grade, indicating that it is financially sound.
Cigna Dental’s individual insurance plans:
- In-network preventative treatments are free with Cigna Dental 1500. Restorative treatments are reimbursed up to $1,500 per year after the deductible and coinsurance. Individuals have a $50 deductible and families have a $150 deductible. Orthodontic treatment is covered up to $1,000.
- Cigna Dental 1000: Preventive procedures in-network are free. Restorative treatments are reimbursed up to $1,000 per year after the deductible and coinsurance. Individuals have a $50 deductible and families have a $150 deductible. Orthodontia is not covered.
- Cigna Dental Preventive Treatments: In-network preventive services are free of charge. Restorative services are not covered. Individuals and families have no deductibles. Orthodontia is not covered.
5. Best Dental Insurance for Rewards Programs: Ameritas Dental Insurance
Ameritas is a well-known dental insurance company in the insurance business. Ameritas also has a Dental Rewards program, which allows members can boost their yearly maximum benefit to help pay for more expensive operations in the future by visiting a dental practitioner and making a claim each year.
AM Best has given the firm an “A (Excellent)” rating, while Standard & Poor’s has given it an “A+ (Strong)” rating. Here are some of the features that come standard with all Ameritas dental plans:
- With the new network providers, preventive services are completely covered.
- Network providers provide discounts ranging from 25% to 50% off their usual costs.
- Out-of-network dentists are available to enrollees.
- The Dental Rewards program is included in all plans.
- Enrollees can save money on medicines at over 60,000 pharmacies in the network.
Frequently Asked Questions about Best Dental Insurance
What Is Dental Insurance and What Does It Cover?
Cleanings, preventative care, crowns, and fillings are usually covered by dental insurance. Orthodontics, periodontics, and prosthodontics are all covered in some dental plans. Cosmetic dental treatments like tooth whitening are often not covered by dental insurance.
What Is the Cost of Dental Insurance?
Deductibles can be as little as $50, but there may be a limit on the number of procedures covered each year, such as $1,000 or $1,500. You can also be forced to stay within a network or pay extra for out-of-network services.
Final Conclusion about Best Dental Insurance
Dental care is a crucial component of your overall health, therefore having good dental insurance coverage is essential. Short waiting times, cheap monthly costs, and extensive coverage for both regular and more serious operations are all features of the top dental insurance policies. UnitedHealthOne is our #1 option for dental insurance.
UnitedHealthOne provides affordable dental insurance for the entire family. Patients can pick between ten different dental plans, each with various levels of coverage. Furthermore, UnitedHealthOne has an A financial stability rating from AM Best, indicating that it will be able to cover the cost if you make a claim.